During your Skipper application process online, check the box to indicate that you have read, understood, and agree to the following Minimum Conditions to become an SSYC Skipper.
Any Skipper wishing to be granted ‘Club Skipper’ status in the SEATTLE SINGLES YACHT CLUB must agree to meet the following minimum conditions:
1. Vessel must comply with the minimum United States Coast Guard safety requirements as applicable for the vessel size and type.
2. Vessel must be operated at all times in accordance with United States Coast Guard regulations and operating guidelines.
3. Vessel must be covered by minimum liability insurance coverage.
4. Skipper shall prior to leaving the dock, explain vessel safety equipment and use procedures. Examples of safety gear include, but are not limited to:
a) Life jackets
b) Emergency equipment
c) First Aid Kit location
d) MOB equipment such as throwable rings, Lifesling, MOB pole, etc.
e) VHF radio operations, including emergency calls on Channel 16. (Note: SSYC working channel is 69).
5. Skipper must complete Skipper Indemnity Agreement before announcing any trips.
6. Skipper shall provide a minimum of twenty-five (25) different crew trips and a minimum of six (6) announced trips at club meetings in the current year, and documentation (i.e.: trip sign-up sheets filled out and turned in to the Fleet Captain). One crew (person) on one trip constitutes one crew trip. These trips must be publicly announced at a Monday night meeting to be considered valid. When registering as an Annual Member of SSYC a potential skipper will pay the required annual dues for membership and upon reaching twenty-five (25) different crew trips and six (6) announced trips, the skipper will be reimbursed their annual dues for that membership year.
7. Skipper shall make every attempt to attend Skippers meetings.
As an applicant for ‘Club Skipper’ status in the SEATTLE SINGLES YACHT CLUB, I do hereby acknowledge that I have read, understand and agree to the above listed minimum conditions, should I be granted ‘Club Skipper’ status.
Skipper Qualification Guidelines
<<Skipper Minimum Conditions